Voyage en Capitale takes visitors on a journey inside the world of Louis Vuitton's remarkable travel trunks.
You don't have to be a fan of the fashion label to appreciate this exhibit. The show also tells a story about first class travel in the 1800s and early 1900s.
There were several beautifully crafted examples on display including trunks that stored clothing, toiletries, dolls, shoes, teas, shoes, and linens. Intimate photographs and artwork accompany the exhibit.
The building's facade is quite impressive and it's considered to the best examples of architecture in the Marais district. I agree.
The museum's courtyard (left) is not only beautiful, but offers a quiet retreat from the busy streets.
- Musée Carnavalet is located at 23, rue de Sevigne.
- Metro: Saint-Paul, Rambuteau, or Chemin Vert.
- Bus lines: 29, 69, 76, 96.
- The museum is free, but there is a fee for special exhibits. The Louis Vuitton exhibit is 9 euros ($12).
- Voyage en Capitale is on display until February 27, 2011.
- The map below will help guide you to the museum.